Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rogersville Alabama




Well I was sitting on my little stool outside the library in the shade of tree writing to Steven and catching up on emails, very uncomfortable and my legs kept falling asleep.

So I am trying this nice rocking chair across the street belonging to what appears to be a restaurant that is not open today, comfy chair.

I had a hard time riding here yesterday as the pain in my shoulders was really bad and today I am feeling sick so will take it easy and hopefully feel better tomorrow. I have to try and figure out what to do about trailer tires tomorrow. It's  a good trailer but I don't like having only one place to buy tires, far to stressful, and last time I needed them they didn't even have any. So what can I say about the landscape that I have passed by, hmm, well not any real big changes, still lots of trees with quite a few areas of farming ( always good to see some cattle along the way) reminds me of good memories. Still very humid, so much so that I had to dry the sleeping bags in a dryer as I fearful of them being damaged. The down was turning into soggy lumps. Not much fun sleeping in soggy bedding all the time. I had a hard time finding the campsite but finally got here and they had lots of space.




Not very well set up for tents, as with most U.S. campsites they are geared towards RV's. Talking to the girl at the office, she said it took a really long time for here to get used to living in this humidity as she is from west Virginia and I guess they don't have this problem there. Not sure were the dividing lines are, but I know it the south and eastern areas. BC is still by far the nicest area that I have ever been, and I guess I can say I've been in quite a few places now. When ever I am talking to people I make sure I ask if the weather is typical. Right now sitting in the shade at about 30c with a nice stiff breeze it is quite alright. The landscape all the way from the hill country in Texas through, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama has been quite pretty and very green, the difference being here they have had lots of rain. The land is mostly flat with a few rolling hill but not much change between the last 3 states.Not sure about Arkansas, apparently the west side is the nicest, didn't see much of that state.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds pretty. Good luck with your bedding and the moisture problem. I hope it dries up a bit!

    ReplyDelete