Saturday, April 23, 2011

Grenada Mississippi

Weather was about 33 most of the day, scenery pretty similar, in Louisiana and Mississippi, changing from time to time with more or less pine trees. The pine tree have long needles on them but not really sure what kind they are. I guess they grow here because it hot, but seems strange because it is also very moist, everything is green and lush. Can't get away from the humidity. some area seem like they should be dryer as they are mostly pine with little underbrush, but not sure as I didn't stop in those areas. The Mississippi State park that I was aiming to stay at was a slum with no one is sight so I took a motel 6 which also turns out to be pretty poor also, very musty. I might be inclined to head for Florida at this point but I need trailer tires so have to get that figure out first. I also need to find a laundromat and dry my pillows and sleeping bag as they are so damp just from being in this climate, down is not a good thing for here.Oh ya I forgot I was actually in 3 state today as the bike shop that I was planning to get my oil changed in Arkansas didn't even have suitable oil. So if you can believe it I got it changed at a Harley shop, they seem to be everywhere. They were booked solid but changed it for me anyways, which was good of them. The service manager is planning on moving to Vancouver soon when he retires as he can't stand the heat ( and probably the humidity here) can't say as I blame him. He has a calender of Vancouver photos on his wall. Ya I can take the heat but not this humidity. Can't stand feeling wet and sticky 24/7. Trying to dry out my leather riding gloves but they just seem to stay sticky and gooey feeling.








Never did find a welcome to Louisiana sign.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot of humidity going on there!! Good luck! Stick gooey gloves... ick. The scenery looks nice. I love green. It's just starting to get green here, but will be below, or at the freezing point for the next week at night. Which would you rather? I've never been in what you are in now, so I can't compare.

    ReplyDelete