Thursday, April 14, 2011

In Texas now.

Well I didn't go far today but far enough as the wind is crazy today, Thought I was going to stay at the Carlsbad park but they don't have camping there so now I am in Texas using the WiFi outside the parks visitors center at Guadalupe National Park which was only 35 miles further.

Carlsbad Caverns was amazing, much more than I expected. The caves are 750"down via elevator and they were huge, one of the rooms as big as 14 football fields, lots of cool formations but pretty well impossible to capture with the camera unless with a tri-pod. The camera is back at the campsite so I will post pictures later.






I have also met a friendly guy here from Texas on and older BMW so it is nice to have someone to chat with. I was told the Texans are friendly, hope it carries on. He is going to show me some good roads to go on in Texas.



2 comments:

  1. Fascinating. Sounds fun! Lucky guy!

    I'm glad you met someone to talk to there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS We have had mega-snow here. Trees breaking. Power outages. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete