Thursday, April 7, 2011

3 days on the road, I guess I better write something.

 Starting Mileage


Well the first day I made it to Idaho falls without freezing or getting blown away by the crazy wind and I did have snow on several occasions but was able to ride in the tracks made by cars in front of me. The ride was boring but it was nice that it was familiar making it not quite so scary by myself.

Second day made it to my friends place in Saint George Utah, it was still windy but not so crazy. and now it was a more temperate 21 degrees. It was good to see my friend and his 4 kids and his wife who is very sick with # 5 on the way.. I sure like it in Saint George, if I were to live in the U.S. that would be a place on my list for sure.

Now on my second day things get really windy from Saint George to Vegas, I have never ridden in wind that bad and I have never been scared ridding my bike in the wind before. It was so bad I knew if I pulled over and stopped I would be able to hold the bike up so I just kept going. So now I am in unfamiliar territory, my GPS died, my inverter died so I can't charge anything and this crazy wind just never stops, with all that I started getting a little panicky and wishing I was back home in familiar and safe surroundings, but on I go, checked out the Hoover dam




and then headed south to Bullhead and feeling a little better. I've still had nothing but boring roads so hope thing get better soon. I've got to rest somewhere soon, my body has about had it. Well it's getting to dark so that's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a story! You are in my prayers, and you can do it!! With a little help (or a lot of help?) from your Friend upstairs. I see you as courageous. Best of luck fighting that fierce wind and the loss of your electronic guide.
    (Posted in the wrong day on April 8, 2011 since I didn't know what I was doing, and re-posted in the right one now. )

    ReplyDelete