Friday, April 15, 2011

Guadalupe to Big Bend National park

Had a high temp, of 35.5 today. The ride went good, and I finally found a nice curvy road that I could enjoy, and that's after some people on bikes told me it wasn't. It was Hwy 170 from Presidio to Big Bend and my GPS didn't seem to now it existed. So I had fun on that road but didn't go to crazy, not even scraping my pegs once, what a good boy, of course the new shock probably helped also.

The road before that one were typically straight and boring and I haven't seen a whole lot of exiting landscape,but there is a bit in the park and I will try get some pictures tomorrow. Today the air is full of smoke from a big fire somewhere so not very good for picture taking.I finally stocked up on some more food but also seem to still be keeping Subway in business. Met some more guys on bikes, Triumph Tiger, 650n V Strom and a 600 Ninja I think, not as friendly as the last guy but I manage to invite myself to there table and have a good chat.They have warning signs on all the tables about some wild beast looks like a pig, I will check on the name again. they say not to even leave your tent set up if not there as it may destroy it.

Saw a Road runner ( like the bird in the Cartoons) Not sure but I will probably carry on tomorrow, this Texas is a big State to get across and all the good roads and nice scenery are in the areas of the rallies.



3 comments:

  1. Good that you found some good roads! It looks like you were following the Mexican border all day. You know that river that was beside the road, yeah, don't swim across it! They might shoot you.
    There is a big wild pig problem in all the southern states right now. There's actually a show on tv about the problem. They can be very aggressive, and are quite dangerous. So don't pet them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, The photos are awesome! I loved the caves. And the green lizard, and the pig thing, and the shots of where you camped, such different places! What an awesome adventure!! While you are in it, maybe it's hard to see the perspective, I'm not sure... but from out here looking in at it, it's amazing. You are in my prayers, to have fun, and to have it be all it can be for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real, live road runner!? Cool! They're not fictional things, eh? Neat. Any pictures?

    ReplyDelete