Friday, April 8, 2011

More about the 3rd day and day 4.

So any way.........Road into Bullhead and it was a nice 29C at the campsite down by the river lined with palm trees. I managed to put my tent up in gale force winds and it went very well, sure am glad I got the new tent with all mesh for ventilation. Oh and my GPS decided to work again, so that's was nice. The birds must have liked the campsite, in the morning there was a ton off them all singing away, my wife would have loved it, sorry you missed them, but I recorded a bit for you. :o).


Day 4 was cloudy and much cooler and started raining but not too much during the day. I found some nicer roads to travel on for awhile



and also found what appeared to be wild donkeys.


The day got quite cold down around 7 and then when I got to Yuma it started to pour and was only about 11C, so I decided I would go to San Diego. It started to warm up as I got near the mountains an the sun came out, but it was short lived as I started up the mountains it got down to a minimum of 4c and now in San Diego it is pouring and cold, oh well I always wanted to come here, so now it's done. Going through the mountains was really interesting, quite different than what I have ever seen before, looked like mountains of giant boulder all stacked together and then melted a little to hold them all together. Nice and sunny on the east side. Tomorrow I will go to the San Diego Temple, something I have wanted to do for many years. Hopefully back to Yuma tomorrow as it is supposed to be a little warmer. Apparently it will take a week after the rain for the Cactus's to bloom, but I will check out Organ Pipe park and hope for the best. I guess this is the first rain they have had for awhile. Well I better get some sleep, busy day tomorrow, again.I will slow down when it warms up and I can sit around in the sun for a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Wild donkeys eh? Cool. Thank you for recording the birds! Have a great day in the San Diego Temple and area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad I am so proud of you! I love the photos! It is so fun to be able to be along with you on your trip in this blog, makes me feel like I can be part of your adventure. Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete