Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Jacksboro to Talico Tennessee via Deals Gap/ Tail of the Dragon

Got to Bushtec this morning and got new trailer tires, they confirmed the trailer has probably been in an accident which is probably cause the trailer tires and rear bike tire to wear faster. They offered me $800 trade in on a new one, maybe I should have taken it. Oh well off I go, now looking for a rear bike tire. Managed to find one not far away and got it installed, not the one I wanted but a good one none the less. Now I'm all set to check out the famous Deals Gap and Tail of the dragon road that I have heard about. The most exiting part of Deals Gap has 318 curves in 11 miles.














So this road is amazing, Ive never ridden รก road that good before that is so long, I had to rest for awhile along the way and watch the others go by. There where also 3 professional photographers set up along the way that make there living selling the photos they take of people going around the corners. Hopefully I will get some of me. They sure jumped to take my picture when they saw some nut flying around the corner pulling a trailer.



The ones that didn't make it.





I must admit, a few metal parts did scrape on some of the corners, sure glad I had new tires and also my new Ohlins shocks, which I cranked up before the corners  There is also a really nice road after called Cheranola Skyway going through the mountains up to an elevation of about 5000 ft.











So here I am, day 2 a the KOA campsite in Talico Plains Tennessee, waiting out storms. The second one has just missed us I think and there is another one coming later. They thought I shouldn't be riding so gave me a cabin for the tent price. There is a bike shop in town that has all sorts of clothing etc. He showed me a good route to take down to Hiawassee tomorrow, so looking forward to another nice ride.









No comments:

Post a Comment