Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wyoming to Montana

I got up early and managed to make it to Cody Wyoming for Church at 11. Also found a library and wrote my weekly letter to Steven as well as catching  up on other emails. I left Cody at about 2 and the weather had improved drastically, nice warm weather and nice scenery as I travel beside the rocky mountain heading to Montana.


 
As I traveled through Montana the landscape got progressively flatter and the wind got progressively stronger, which made traveling quite a bit more difficult but I was definitely used to it as this trip has had lots of crazy wind for sure, along with the tornadoes, fires and floods that I seemed to have been able to miss. I rode as far as great falls Montana riding for quite some time into the setting sun which always makes it a challenge to actually see what's in front of me. As it was late and the local campsite was $37 I ended up getting a motel, of course if the campsite was expensive you can be sure the motel was also, after a bit of whining I managed to get it reduced a bit but it still ended up costing more than any other motel on the whole trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment