Monday, May 2, 2011

Hiawassee through most of Georgia

The rally is over and everyone is packing up and leaving as I am also. First thing is do was to stop at the library so I could get a proper internet connection and catch up on emails and right to Steven. Rode some pretty nice road heading south from Hiawassee. Tennessee, Georgia and the part or North Carolina that  I have seen remind me of BC, except there are not many evergreens and the only ones they have are pine, also the mountains are very big but still very nice with good roads in the hills. I attempted to stop for Church but none of them in the Atlanta Temple District where having services because the Temple had been rededicated that morning and the dedication was broadcast to all the buildings. in the District.

In the north of Georgia there is lots of red soil, the further south I go the more it turns into white sand and there are much more pine trees. A lot of pines have been planted for future harvesting. To me is seems so strange to see all these pine tree beside very wet areas because in BC I am used to seeing them in dry areas. Stopped at a Georgia State park only to find out they wanted $28 for the site and $5 for each vehicle. So there just happened to be a Harley there who also needed a site, so we split the cost, he got a old age discount so in the end it was about $16 total each. So here I am camping with a couple on there loud straight piped Harley and the chain smoking rider, about the last bike in the world that I would want. They were real nice but we sure didn't have anything in common, other that enjoying riding bikes.





No comments:

Post a Comment