Sunday, May 8, 2011

Rally Finished, heading north west.


Well the rally was interesting, but quite a different group of people. Not all but most were there to get drunk and party. A very large percentage of people in this area smoke as well, seems quite a bit more backwards in Carolina and Virgina from what I have seen, and some very depressed areas I come across as I get semi lost on tiny back roads in the middle of no where. This riding alone in a strange country on such isolated roads is not a good idea in my opinion, so I will try to stay a little closer to civilization from now on. They had motorcycle riding games at the rally that were a lot of fun and I managed to do quite good at them. I don't know how but I managed to get quite a good sleep the first night, even with the chaos, such as people blowing up things and blowing air horns at 1:30 in the morning. The roads and the scenery continue to be nice but it's hard to find anywhere to pull over for a rest or to take pictures. I can only imagine how nice it must look in the fall when the leaves are changing color as about 99% of the tress are deciduous. So I pulled over in a not so good area to try get some pictures and a bite to eat and my bike was barely upright so it was either when I opened the trailer or when a car went by my bike fell over down hill and my helmet went flying into the grass, luckily preventing it from getting damaged. As for the bike can't say the same, there it was looking somewhat like a turtle that had been turned on it's back, not a pretty sight. Saddle bag badly scratch and the mirror flew into the grass with my my helmet but got marked up a bit from hitting the pavement. So I guess I will have to get them painted one of these days. Well it's late and I'm hungry and nobody on here is answering me so I may as well go eat and crawl into bed. I might get around to putting up a few pictures tomorrow..Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful Mothers out there!




Cold and foggy here this morning and everything is soaking wet, hopefully turning sunny later. Well off I go, aiming for for home but that will take at least a week I am sure unless some miracle happens and I get some much needed energy and reduced pain.












No comments:

Post a Comment