Sunday, May 22, 2011

Montana to HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this is the day, should be home by 12. the day started out raining but stopped before I got going but the wind decided it was going to give me a hard time for awhile at least trying to rip me from the bike, quite similar to many other times on this trip. But as good fortune has followed me it decided to stop and made the ride to the border much more enjoyable. Felt pretty emotional as I got close to the border, boy did it feel good to be back in Canada, what a great country we have! Another 45 min. to home and it was awful hard not to speed, as it was quite often but much more so now. For the first time in almost 4 years it felt good to be home. In the past it seems I was always ready to keep traveling so I guess this trip has been good for me. I have gained more confidence, have seen some wonderful sights, some I hope to see again, a lot they can keep. I certainly don't care for the places with high humidity, I think the only way I could cope with that is with air conditioning, mostly so I could sleep without having all my bedding be soggy and sticky. One place that was not too humid when I was there but I think usually is is the beaches on the Florida panhandle. This is one place that I would really like to visit again ( with my wife next time). Other highlights would be, Carlsbad Caves, Nauvoo, Carthage Jail, Deal Gap and Tail of the Dragon ( all one road actually) a road with over 300 corners in 11 miles. ( I will have pictures to follow after I purchase them). On the day I went through, 3 professional photographers where there, this is how they make there full time living, taking pictures of the people going down this road and then selling them. Expensive but well worth it to most people. I want to thank all the people that have given there support and prayers while I was away on this trip. It was a memorable experience, well worth the aches and pains. Now to get the garden planted and get ready for my son coming home from his Mission in Chile, then I can plan the rest of the trips over the summer. These ones will be much shorter and not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment