Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Now where was I........Oh ya Kentucky to Indiana and on to Nauvoo Illinois

Indiana was similar to Kentucky until west of Indianapolis, then it started get flat and then in Illinois it is just like Alberta other than there are more trees. Apparently all this area has been cold and wet until the last 2 days now were having heat as if it was July, about 33 and Very Humid. Now in Nauvoo and there is a little more contour to the land. I am camping in a State park which is right in Nauvoo, \it's a decent park, nice and clean and only $10, and I'm the only tent here.






It's great to be here. After reading work and the glory as a family Nauvoo holds a special place in my heart. Went to the Visitors center today and then a play tonight ( ya crazy aye, me going to a play) well it's a trip of doing many things out of my comfort zone.




Finally got a haircut today and will be going to the Temple tomorrow.




Later I'll go on a horse drawn wagon that gives a narrative tour of the town.





Just for those that don't know, the city of Nauvoo was the second largest city in Illinois in it prime, and was manly LDS and built by LDS members. Sorry forgot the years. Now it is just a tiny little town.

Well I'm glad I came here, it is a special place for sure. To think all these people had to leave everything they had worked so hard for.



1 comment:

  1. Finally caught up on reading your blog :-) I never knew you could be so good at expressing yourself. I am truly enjoying reading about your adventures. The part about your bike getting knocked over and your helmet flying away scared me a little, guess it's a good thing I am reading it after the fact :-p Love you lots - Carla

    ReplyDelete