Sunday, May 22, 2011

Carthage Jail to Nebraska, Kansas and onto Colorado.

Well at this point I was in heading home mode so it went pretty fast. All these 3 states were mainly mainly flat boring prairie which didn't surprise me too much until I got to Colorado, then I was amazed at how much prairie there was in that State, and even Denver although it was around 5000 ft. it still isn't actually in the mountains. It's not until just outside of Denver that you actually get into mountains, but then it happens very quickly.




I stopped just outside Denver in a motel for the night and then the next morning I decided my rear tire was too worn to make it home so manage to find a BMW shop close by and had a new tire installed. Really good prices, as good as online and they installed it right away when I showed up, I guess they get a lot of people traveling through the area so that's where a lot of there business is focused so they make sure they keep a good name for themselves. I did take pictures of this area as I went into Rocky mountain national park but the problem is even thought the camera appears to be working it just doesn't record much when there is no card in the camera. :o( Oh well I plan to go back to Colorado again one day as it's not too far away. I had big plans of going right through the park on the way home but the road wasn't open for another month yet and I didn't really miss much in the way of pictures because the clouds where very low and covering most everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment