Saturday, June 13, 2015

Over to Vancouver Island and back through BC.

I'm off to Vancouver Island to visit my Steven and family. I quite enjoy there two little ones as they are seldom boring, although I think they could be quite a handful if I was the one looking after them 24/7. The youngest at just a year old hasn't seen me since Nov. so was a  little shy but warmed up to me somewhat after a days or so. Nothing better than hugs from the Grandchildren. While I was on the Island I took the opportunity to take a ride over to Port Renfrew on the west coast of the Island and cross over to Cowichan Lake. it was another great ride and I soaked in the sun and swam at the lake which was actually quite warm. The weather has been warm and sunny most of the time I have been on the coast but a change is in the air.

Had A nice visit with fellow bikers on the ferry while leaving the Island, then stopped to pick up some things I had left at my sisters and headed up to Penticton to visit friends. It was nice ride up #3 and as it was the last day of warm weather I stopped at the beach on Skaha lake for awhile and was surprised that it was colder than Cowichan lake. It was great as usual to visit my old friends from my sidecar days and felt very welcomed as always. I try to visit everyone I know and my kids at least once a year, wish I could say the same for my siblings but they seem a lot more distant these days.

Weather was changing as I left Penticton and I ran into rain and it got kind of cold from Kelowna to Enderby but then warmed up a bit. Salmon Arm seemed to have escaped the rain, which makes for a much better camping experience. So here I am, relaxing, catching up on my blog and hopefully finding some nice roads to explore in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment