Thursday, June 18, 2015

A few days in the Salmon Arm area.

Well I wrote a page full previously but somehow lost it. Hopefully I can remember some of what I had written here.

I managed to get a campsite in one of my favorite old provincial campsites, Harold park. We came to this park as a family many years ago when it was first started and before it even had running water. A good friend of mine was involved in starting up and building this park and this is how we found out about it. It has changed a lot since those days and now caters to those that demand what only used to be found in the private campsites, but it still feels good to come here.


Harold Park Campsite


I was able to visit with a couple of my friends from the reunion we had in North Van on June 6th. as they live in Salmon Arm. It was great to visit with them and I enjoyed the many good memories that we have in common after so many years. It was nice to see how well they are doing and what good parents and people they have grown to be.

I also had the opportunity to ride a Harley. Now I can at least know first hand why I don't own one. It was interesting but this old body couldn't last more than 15 minutes or so.

I went to Church on Sunday and ran into two people that I know. One was a family friend my parents age that I haven't seen in about 43 years. It was great to spend the day talking about family memories.

Time to head home after a great time with friends, family and the beautiful roads and scenery of BC. It was a great trip.I spent a nice afternoon in the sun of Nakusp  and enjoyed the the roads of the Kooetnays and then ended up at a campsite that I often seem to stop at in Yahk. Colder in the morning so glad I am heading home.

Yahk

Well I seem to have put on a little weight while away, time to get back to the exercises and get caught up on the realities of  life.

I originally started this blog due to the interest from my Daughter but as that interest seems to have disappeared I think this will be the end of my attempt to write on my motorcycle travels. As you can see there also has been a great lack of photos lately, sorry.









No comments:

Post a Comment