Sunday, April 28, 2013

Doniphan NE, Winter Quarters, Baxter springs KS

The day started Very Foggy, Damp and Cold. The tent was soaked with dew. I would take 5 degrees colder and dry and day.

Stopped in a Winter Quarters for a little tour and a few pictures.












These wagon wheel are darn near 6' tall, this one is showing a counter that would measure the distance traveled.

The sun stated to come out and warm up a bit as I traveled Baxter springs KS, passing in and out of Missouri a few times as I travel along the border. The sun disappeared and I could see that it had rained in a lot of the area I passed through later that day, luckily it missed me and didn't really get much colder. I looked for campsites along the way but they were either in the opposite direction down the end of 2 miles of slippery gravel road or just not a good place to stay. They must have had a lot of rain in this area. The country side is getting a little nicer to look at, some of the trees are starting to show signs of life and even a few trees in blossom.


Now in a motel again in Baxter Springs.Hung the soggy tent up in the shower to dry and catching up on my blog.



The next state will be Arkansas and from what I can tell the scenery should be much nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment