Friday, May 1, 2015

Heading south!

Mileage when I left.



Well the weather looked good for the next week so I am heading south. I used Furkot to plan the trip down to Corpus Christi and so far it seems good, stays away from the interstates which is fine with me. Found a nice clean free campsite for the first night. Note to self, do not camp near rail way tracks!, no wonder it was free. They were also blasting somewhere nearby all night with blasts big enough to make the ground shake each time.

Where not to camp, trains close by.


Had some nice roads on the second day but to get to Texas without going a lot further it will mean going through a lit of prairie. Weather still nice on the second day and had a peaceful sleep in a nice spot in Wyoming. Wind River. Note, they charge non residents much more for campsites in Wyoming. 







Some of the nicer spots in Wyoming. Bottom one is where I camped. It can go from nice spots like this to very barren .


Well day 3 and it getting way to flat, I think I will just go south 
via the shortest route. Cold but sunny most of the day and then when it got hot it was threatening to rain so  left all my waterproof gear on and got rather hot.


Managed to just get the edge of this nasty storm and dodged rain for the rest of the day. In the middle of no where so had trouble finding a town with campsite or motel, finally got a Dumpy motel just as it was getting dark.

Day 4, the weather looks a little suspect and especially by the time I get to the Texas coast. Well better head off and find some food as my supplies are just about gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment